Thursday 25 October 2012

Illustrated Italy!

Here is a colourful collection of illustrations that I came across while in Italy. These are my top ten in no particular order.

1. Ceramics seemed to be a speciality on the Amalfi Coast.

 2. This beautiful mosaic was part of the Cathedral of St. Andrew in Amalfi.

3. More ceramics. I took this picture for a friend of mine who likes cats...a lot!

4. The Crypt of St. Andrew. The murals were painted in 1660. This place took my breath away.

5. The best surviving fresco in Pompeii.

6. I was quite taken with the illustration on this glass which came with my peach iced tea!

7. A modern mosaic at the bus stop! If only all bus stops were that beautiful!

8. Stunning hand painted ceramic dish. It was too big to fit in my suitcase unfortunately.

9. The tiles of a table in Ravello, the city of music.

10. Hand painted signs to the town I was staying in.


No comments:

Post a Comment